UPDATE #2: COVID-19 Impacts on Township of Tiny Services
Municipal Staff to Transition to a Remote Work Protocol
Date: March 23, 2020
The Township of Tiny holds the health and safety of our residents and dedicated staff as our top priority. As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the Township is taking precautions to help flatten the curve in terms of the spread of COVID-19.
All Township of Tiny Municipal Offices remain closed to the public. As of 4:30 PM on Monday, March 23, 2020, municipal staff will transition to a remote work protocol and services will be reduced to only those that have been deemed essential. This decision was not made lightly; however, we are confident that a remote work protocol is the best way to ensure that staff remain healthy and in a position to continue providing the essential services that our residents rely on. Be assured that all essential services will continue to be provided. Contingency plans are in place and the Township is prepared for this situation.
Essential services will be provided under the remote work protocol as follows:
- Staff can be reached by email during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM). Visit www.tiny.ca/contact for our staff directory.
- Staff will be monitoring their voicemails during regular business hours. Urgent matters will take priority for response.
- Many of our services are available online. Visit https://townshipoftiny.maxgalaxy.net/Home.aspx to access Tiny’s online portal for fire, dog and parking permits, and program registration.
- A drop-box is available at the front of the administration office (130 Balm Beach Road West) for non-urgent payment and correspondence.
- Drop-box items and mail will be collected periodically.
- Building Permit, Sewage System and Planning Applications are not being accepted at this time. If they are dropped off or mailed in, they will NOT be process.
- Building inspections will be conducted under limited conditions. Please call 705-527-9789 to learn about these conditions and to schedule your building inspection.
- Sewage system inspections will be conducted under limited conditions. Please call Tatham Engineering at 705-527-0119 to learn more.
- By-law complaints that have been classified as ‘urgent’ will be investigated. All other complaints will be deferred until further notice.
- Municipal water systems will continue to operate as per regulatory requirements.
- The initiation of capital construction projects will be deferred until further notice.
- Road maintenance deemed necessary for the continued provision of essential services and public transportation safety will be completed.
- Regular maintenance of all municipally-owned parks, properties and facilities will be suspended until further notice, with the exception of checks required under insurance policies. Residents are encouraged to suspend their visits to playgrounds to help control the spread of the virus, as playground equipment is not sanitized.
- Payments for property taxes can be made through your bank either online or at the bank branch. Payments can also be placed in the municipal drop-box. Please remember that the March 27, 2020 due date has been extended to May 1, 2020.
For a comprehensive list of impacted municipal services, please visit www.tiny.ca/coronavirus.
For the health and safety of our community, particularly our vulnerable populations like seniors, residents are encouraged to practice social distancing, frequent hand washing, and all other recommendations issued by official health and government agencies. Information and community resources can be found on the webpage listed above.
Mayor Cornell wishes to deliver the following message to our community:
I want to remind all residents, we are at a critical stage. Our focus is on containment so that we do not overwhelm our healthcare system. Each of us must take responsibility and follow the guidelines provided by our healthcare professionals – social distancing, washing your hands, avoiding touching your face, and isolate as required. Please stay at home and only venture out when absolutely essential.
We will get through this together, as a community, by helping each other, supporting those that are most vulnerable and taking care of ourselves. Remember, social distancing does not mean social isolation; check in on your neighbours, friends and family with a phone call or video chat.
Please take this situation very seriously and follow the advice of our healthcare professionals. Spread information, not the virus.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid situation. Tiny’s emergency management team will continue to monitor the situation and communicate with members of the public as it evolves. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
The Township of Tiny released this notice on Friday March 13th, 2020:
The Township of Tiny is taking precautions to help protect our staff and vulnerable residents from the COVID-19 virus. Following a meeting of the Emergency Management Team, the Township has made the difficult decision to cancel or postpone some municipal services in an effort to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Effective immediately, the following municipal services are impacted:
|Committees of Council Meetings
· Mayor’s Golf Tournament Working Committee
· Parks & Recreation
· Police Services Board
· Property Standards/Fence Viewers
· Senior Advisory
· Trails and Active Transportation
· Youth Advisory
|Cancelled until further notice||Notice will be issued when the meetings resume.|
|Committee of Adjustment||Proceeding as scheduled||All guests are asked to use self-screening practices. Notice will be issued if the meeting is cancelled.|
|Community Centres & Rentals
· Tiny Township (TTCC)
|Closed – All programming and rentals are cancelled until further notice.||Notice will be issued when programming and rentals resume.|
|Council Meetings||Proceeding as scheduled||All guests are asked to use self-screening practices or view the live-stream on our website. Notice will be issued if the meeting is cancelled.|
|March Break Day Camp
(March 16-20, 2020)
|Cancelled||Full refunds will be issued.|
|All Recreation Programs
(including fitness, seniors and youth)
|Cancelled until further notice||Notice will be issued when programming resumes.|
|Seniors’ Club Open House at Le Club de l’Age d’Or
(March 18, 2020)
|Postponed||Notice will be issued when the event is rescheduled.|
(April 1, 2020)
|Postponed||Notice will be issued when the event is rescheduled.|
The Township will continue to monitor the COVID-19 virus and communicate with our residents as the situation evolves. Up-to-date information, including information about the virus, how to protect yourself, and signs and symptoms, can be found on the following websites:
- Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU): www.simcoemuskokahealth.org/coronavirus
- Ontario Ministry of Health: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/coronavirus
For questions or more information:
Kristie Czovek, Communications/Committee Coordinator
Township of Tiny
130 Balm Beach Road West
Tiny, ON L0L 2J0
T: 705-526-4204 ext. 277