November Council Meetings; Ontario Official Plan Update; Georgian Drive Extension; Proposed Road Closure’ Georgian Bay Snowriders Club
REPORT ON COUNCIL
Nov. 8, 2010
Committee of the Whole Meeting: 9:00 am – 12:17 pm and 1:28 pm – 2:21 pm
Regular Evening Meeting: 7:00 pm – 7:20 pm
Mayor Breckenridge, Deputy Mayor Lawrence and Councillors Claire, Cornell and Warren all present.
CONFIDENTIAL / CLOSED SESSION (N/A)
NOVEMBER COUNCIL MEETINGS
The current council’s powers are contained until the end of the term on November 30th. They may not approve any expenditure over $50,000 that was not in the 2010 budget. Hence there will be little activity this month.
ONTARIO – OFFICIAL PLAN UPDATE
The province has finally released the plan update that has been delaying the County Official Plan and also the Township Official Plan. There was no discussion as to when those plans would be completed but all of the information regarding the update is available at www.placestogrow.ca.
GEORGIAN DRIVE EXTENSION
This item has been before council on several occasions. The developer wrote to council requesting a postponement of work until next spring. Under the agreement he must start work by November 15th. Council decided to advise the developer that he must proceed now and complete any items which cannot be completed, due to winter weather, in the spring.
PROPOSED ROAD CLOSURE
Council considered a staff report regarding the proposed winter road closure of Cote de la Dalle. The road in question poses a safety issue to the road maintenance operators and the travelling public during the winter months. Staff was instructed to bring forward a draft resolution
at the evening meeting of Council to authorize that Cote de la Dalle be closed for winter maintenance at Concession 14 East during the winter season from November 1 to April 15. A member enquired if citizens in the area had been contacted but they had not.
GEORGIAN BAY SNOWRIDERS CLUB
A letter was received from the Georgian Bay Snowriders Club regarding the replacement of the P5 Bridge along Tiny Trail at Concession 12E.
The Club is proposing a wider bridge which will have no additional cost to the Municipality but will accommodate the trail groomer.
Staff was instructed to advise the club that the request will be deferred until such time as Council has received and reviewed the recommendations of the Trails Master Plan/Active Transportation Plan